Req ID: 121446
Job Function: IT
Contract Type: Regular Employment
Job Level: Professional
Office Location: Morristown, NJ (MMU), United States
Travel Required: up to 25%
Start Date: 11/01/2014
The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire a IT Warehouse Application Consultant to be responsible for the coordination and management of all system administration and relevant IT tasks for warehouse applications.
• Interfaces with the logistics team.
• Is the IT lead for participation in warehouse management systems implementation projects according to logistics requests and assignment.
• Provides support in the technical solution development for business/Logistics requests for warehouse application extensions, changes and coordination of respective effort.
• Verifies, controls and supports cost calculation for warehouse projects.
• Provides consulting services with regard to questions and technical aspects of the warehouse application and respective process definition.
• Has in-depth technical warehouse application expertise and consults with local project teams in all technical aspects of a WMS implementation.
• Supports the steps to work with the project team before the implementation of the system takes place.
• Participates at the project kickoff in order to ensure that all technical aspects are known and addressed.
• Ensures that content, expectations, timeframe etc. of technical deliverables is clarified between all parties.
• Has IT project management responsibility within warehouse projects which are always lead by a logistics resource.
• Consults with the project team on potential technical solutions in the WMS and defines the solutions together with the project team from a technical point of view.
• Maps the relevant technical interfaces and EDI streams.
• In case of unplanned development work, communicates the respective costs with the project team and takes care that a clear decision is worked out. Furthermore, plans together with CC and PAC development resources (when required) the needed timeframe to develop, test and implement such changes and makes sure that those timeframes are considered in the local project planning.
• Responsible to drive the control of the defined plan for all technical topics with all involved parties local, in CC and PAC.
• Responsible to ensure defined standard solutions in the area of warehouse application are used when possible.
• Technical requirements for ongoing requests for new features and functions in WMS are steered to and managed via the IT WMS Application Consultant.
• Will be second tier technical contact for any WMS issues.
• For some technical aspects within the WMS application, will coordinate with a technical WMS application specialist at PAC.
• Red Prairie configuration experience is a must
• Red Prairie Integrator/MOCA/DDA experience a big plus
• Professional background in IT
• Prefer warehouse experience
• Project management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Methodical approach
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Possess customer facing skills and is comfortable presenting to groups
• Willingness/Capability to train people
• Must be willing to travel as appropriate
• Must be Fluent in English
• Knowledge of other language(s) a plus