Organization and Job ID : Job ID: 302665
Directorate: Business Systems
Division: Information Management Services
Group: Business Information Systems I
Job Description : About You:
You are excited about shaping a career with local, national and international significance. You want to work alongside the brightest and best solving the most challenging problems. Eager to do all you can to help your customer and peers reach their potential. You have broad interests and thrive in dynamic and collaborative environments, both professionally and personally. You are driven to contribute to your community and are thrilled by the anticipation of working at a National Laboratory
You have outstanding technical acumen, excellent communication and collaboration skills possess strong process orientation. You have achieved a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar.
You have a good understanding of Project Management, Project Controls, P6, P6 integration with cost engines and earned value concepts; in addition your strong analytic and troubleshooting skills will be crucial for our customers’ success.
Our IT organization is tightly coupled with our customers’ Project Management Offices, therefore you be able to demonstrate that you thrive in a diverse environment, and are able to team equally well with IT peers, Project Controls customers and Project Managers within a variety of technical disciplines.
About the Position:
It’s all about the project! Our 2000 in-flight projects are the mechanism by which our research community unleash their science, technologies and solutions to the world. We operate a graded project management approach and are pioneering the Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Business Intelligence (BI) implementation to expedite our discoveries.
We have an opportunity for you to partner with the Lab Project Management organization. Your work will include:
• Assisting in the deployment and support of Fusion PPM and associated Business Intelligence needs across the Laboratory
• Performing P6 Administrative functions and advising our Project Controls customers in their use of Primavera P6
• Developing reports against Primavera and PPM data
• Upgrade of our existing Application to integrate P6 data with Oracle Fusion Financials
Your work will be consistent with our values of Courage, Integrity, Impact, Collaboration and Creativity.
Minimum Requirements : A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar.
Qualifications : You have:
• Demonstrated programming experience using various languages or frameworks such as Java, C#, Visual Studio, XML, jQuery, and the Eclipse Framework etc.
• familiarity with relational database applications (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and SQL Query language);
• understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
• excellent communication skills, effectively conveying information with technical and non-technical audiences
• foundational understanding of the software lifecycle and engineering best practices
• experience with manual and automatic software testing techniques:
• proficiency with software development methodologies, design and implementations
• strong analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
• demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize individual work load
Equal Employment Opportunity : Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All staff at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Other Information : Come and work for a billion dollar international research institution. Our collaborative environment and commitment to work/life balance makes Pacific Northwest National Laboratory’ (PNNL) an ideal place to advance your career, challenge yourself and make a difference. We offer excellent benefits including pension, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement plans, health insurance, and flexible schedules.
Our science and technology inspires and enables the world to live prosperously, safely and securely. Our discoveries not only change the way people think, they increase our nation's energy capacity, making the world a safer and cleaner place.
Located in Richland, Washington, and part of the Tri-Cities community at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake, and Yakima rivers, residents enjoy abundant water recreation, award-winning wineries, and more than 300 days of sunshine a year. Far enough away from Seattle and Portland to avoid their rain and daily traffic jams but close enough to visit and enjoy their arts and culture. We're in the perfect position to choose between hiking and snow skiing in the Cascade Mountain range, world-class windsurfing in the Columbia Gorge, or camping in Hells Canyon.