At Otter Tail Power, our employees help us serve the communities we support by producing reliable, affordable, and environmentally responsible electricity. Our employees’ impact can take many forms. In this role, the Plant Engineer will maintain and improve Big Stone Plant’s operations and efficiencies. Our successful employees ensure that our customers and communities have the power they need for modern life.
Examples of those activities will include:
- Manage a wide variety of plant improvement projects which will include plant mechanical, thermal and controls engineering.
- Advise on technical expertise to other departments consistent with reducing operating costs and increasing plant availability.
We’re seeking candidates with a wide range of skills who are motivated to complete complex projects with many potential variables while aligning with our core values: Integrity, Community, Safety, Resourcefulness, Customer Service and People. Some examples of what we’re looking for include:
- There’s a lot of innovation in our industry and we want positive, can-do people who are resilient and effective communicators through the challenges that sometimes come with change.
- A strategic growth mindset with exceptional analytical and project management skills will allow you to conceive solutions and successfully implement them.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required.
- Knowledge of ASME Pressure Piping and Performance Test Codes is beneficial and a plus in candidates.
- This role can be physical at times and a candidate will be expected to be able to work in an environment that can contain variable conditions.
- Maintenance of a valid driver’s license is required.
We believe employment is a partnership and we expect excellence from our talented employees. To support our employees and help them thrive in their career experience and goals, we offer:
- Competitive wage & benefit package.
- Employee Stock Ownership options
- Retirement Savings Fund with employer match
- Health insurance plan options
- Training – our average employee spends hours in training and development each year! This includes safety – one of our 5 values and key to our success – technical, compliance and developmental training.
- Career development is critical to our long-term success. Otter Tail Power employees have opportunities to participate in various leadership development programs, gain access to an a la carte online leadership course catalog, receive mentorship from current leaders and more!
- Access to mental health support from the experts at The Village Family Service Center.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, apply today. Don’t wait too long though! To apply, visit our careers page at www.otpco.com . We’ll accept applications through June 2, 2023. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-interview assessment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.