Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and it's surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT or CNA), under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), assists in providing nursing care to a designated group of patients. The PCT or CNA, under the direction and supervision of the Nursing Director or designee, performs as a receptionist, unit secretary, and assists with unit organization and record keeping. Tasks and responsibilities include functioning in the role of assisting the RN and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with select medical/surgical patient care procedures. The PCT or CNA maintains unit equipment and adequate stocking of supplies and related equipment.
This is a highly visible role, with a large degree of physician and patient interaction. The quality of care given on this unit will be determined by the philosophy, mission, and values of the hospital and the Department of Nursing; and will meet the health care needs of patients, their families, and the community.
Duties include the following:
* Patient Assessment/Documentation - Provides and documents patient care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Patient Care Technician supports the Registered Nurse by collecting and documenting data needed for patient assessment.
* Patient Rights - The Patient Care Technician will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
* Patient Safety - Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including: patient falls, restraints, and National Patient Safety Goals.
* Patient/Family Education - Provides appropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures.
* High School diploma or equivalent is required
* A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
* An active state of Florida Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License, an active state of Florida Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) License, a current nursing student having successfully completed the first clinical course in the hospital setting or recent experience as a Corpsman in the military is required for this position
* Some previous customer service experience is required
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
About Orange Park Medical Center
OPMC is dedicated to shaping the future of healthcare in our community. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare and wellness through safe, accessible, consistent and compassionate care. Our website is an extension of that commitment. We invite you to visit our website often and use it as your healthcare information resource. Inside is information on just about every single health care topic.