We are only as successful as we are humble…this is why we take pride in leading our troops to success. As the second in command you will embody the Oakley brand and provide guidance, direction, and development beyond reason. You will work closely with the Commander in Chief to train and ignite brand passion in consumers and your team alike. Our O-store assistant managers give direction when direction is needed, but also take initiative and pride in completing their responsibilities in reflection of the Oakley Lifestyle.
Join the revolution.
The Assistant Manager works closely with the store manager to learn all aspects of running a store. As a member of our Management Team you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service, achieving sales volume, adhering to Oakley's visual presentation standards and maximizing profits by controlling expenses and protecting company assets. The Assistant Store Manager will work with the Store Manager in providing guidance, direction and development to the store team in order to achieve all revenue, profit and customer service goals.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
- Achieve high levels of sales performance and results.
- Assist Store Manager with training and managing all employees in execution of daily tasks and to maximize sales.
- Assign employees to specific duties and assist with work schedule assignments by following the payroll matrix.
- Maintain compliance with corporate communications by overseeing preparation of merchandise, displays and presentations.
- Coordinate merchandise replenishment and the flow of merchandise from the stock room to the sales floor.
- Assist the store team in maintaining the store's visual objectives and housekeeping standards by straightening merchandise and assisting in floor and fixture changes.
- Exercise judgment and discretion alone, and in conjunction with the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store
- Oversee compliance of all staff with established company policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist with Associate and Lead responsibilities as the workday may require.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by Store Manager.
- 2+ years of retail sales experience within a specialty environment.
- 1 year of retail management experience.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to develop and train staff, build relationships and utilize skills of staff most appropriately.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise and understandable manner.
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room.
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis.
- All retail associates may use available back room seating when the nature of the work reasonably permits.
STOKED IF YOU HAVE THIS TOO
- Knowledge of Oakley, Inc. and Oakley products.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual.
Oakley is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't fret if you don't hear from us immediately….
We are always on the lookout for talented people, like you, and its why these positions are always posted. Visit us at our local store if you have any questions, we enjoy getting to know you.
We thank you for being a part of our community, when an opportunity arises we hope to be contacting you.
Oakley, Inc. (Oakley) is engaged in the design, development, manufacture, distribution and worldwide marketing of consumer products, including eyewear (sunglasses, prescription eyewear, goggles and electronically enabled eyewear), apparel, footwear, watches and accessories. It sells its products to retail accounts, through Oakley-owned O Stores, Vaults, through more than 100 mall-based sunglass specialty stores in the United States, and through a mix of independent distributors and licensees in more than 100 countries. Oakley manufactures and assembles the majority of its eyewear products at the Company’s manufacturing facility located at its headquarters in Foothill Ranch, California. In November 2007, Luxottica Group S.p.A. and Oakley announced the completion of the merger between the two companies. Pursuant to the merger, Oakley will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Luxottica Group S.p.A.