This is an exciting opportunity for a Talented Software Engineer to join our NVM5 Dev Team as you engage in both new development on new features as well as maintenance of the existing code base. Truth be told - you love software development and technology! You will tap into your software development expertise as you tackle complex issues utilizing multi-threaded components to problem solve taking design, requirements and standards into account. You are a full lifecycle developer who loves the challenges of software development as you design, code and unit test your code. Because you take pride in your work, you understand the importance of code standards as you develop quality, sustainable code with a solid design. Hitting milestones and deadlines is part of your nature so you enjoy partnering with team members to ensure on-time delivery. With an eye on continual improvement, you possess a great can-do attitude and openly share ideas to help the Dev Team improve the software development process and overall development environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Electrical Engineering and/or a similar discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
* This is an entry level position. 1+ years of experience in software product design and development with OO languages
* Proficiency in an object oriented language (.Net C#) in a Windows environment and developing with the Microsoft Visual Studio.
* Agile software development methodologies and TDD
* Some understanding of C/C++ development.
* Knowledge and experience with web based technologies
NuVasive, Inc. (NuVasive) is a medical device company focused on the design, development and marketing of products for the surgical treatment of spine disorders. The Company's principal product offering includes a minimally disruptive surgical platform called Maximum Access Surgery (MAS), as well as an offering of cervical, biologics and motion preservation products. As of December 31, 2008, the Company's marketed products were used in spine fusion surgeries, both to enable access to the spine, and to perform restorative and fusion procedures. It focuses on the research and development efforts on MAS product platform, and on developing motion preserving products, such as total disc replacement and nucleus-like cervical disc replacement. (Source: 10-K)