NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation's largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 200 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Summary: Designs, develops, maintains and enhances application programs supporting SAP - ECC/CRM applications. (i.e. customer enrollment, customer interaction, account maintenance, customer inquiry, billing and invoicing, remittance processing, credit and collections, intercompany data exchange, FICA etc.). Interfaces with clients to determine requirements, resolve issues and determine cost estimates. Provide production support for system issues that arise in the daily operations of the system. Provide subject matter expertise to the Operations groups in order to assist with problem solving and as a resource for training development.
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance application programs working within a team-oriented environment using various development toolsets, such as SAP, ECC/IUT, CRM, Visual Basic, and other development toolsets.
- Develop and maintain application programs providing business functions, such as online screens, batch reports, creation of applications interface files, and basic WEB knowledge.
Determine detailed system requirements based on business requirements provided by the Operations groups.
Configure and test CRM/ECC/IUT modifications to support new system development, enhancements, and production support modifications.
Provide functional and or technical specifications; execute ABAP code for customized modifications that cannot be delivered through ECC/CRM configuration.
Test ABAP program changes.
Provide subject matter expertise for the impact assessment and testing of SAP AOPs (Add on Packs) and SAP Release upgrades.
Develop string test scripts in order to test a group of related functionality.
Support the development and execution of Enterprise Test scripts.
Investigate problems reported by the end-users to the Help Desk, resolve associated problems, and close the ticket.
Provide production support for SAP - ECC/CRM application sub-processes/sub-modules supporting retail markets.
Work with peers in IT to resolve production support issues while managing expectations with our client base.
Willingness to work hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution time periods.
Provide applications development and enhancement functions, including analysis, design, configuration, testing, and object transports using SAP's ABAP/4 Development Workbench.
Education: Bachelor's degree in an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 5+ years of IT experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prepare and or make presentations is required.
- Technical writing skill is required.
- Process-oriented and analytical, quality-oriented thinking is a must. The individual will be required to identify logical, rational approaches to business solutions.
- SAP configuration experience and testing is required.
- Experience working with end users, taking their business problems and translating them into system requirements.
- Lead / Coordinate a small, well-defined portion of a project or work process.
- Configuration, testing, maintenance, enhancements and or support activities.
- Evaluating user change requests and obtain approval to make modifications.
- Lead project planning sessions with team members to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Conducting unit testing to ensure application meets specifications.
- Working within a system related or operations related office environment.
- Knowledge of Software Testing, Incident and Change Management discipline and systems process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to provide appropriate cross functional support and interaction.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Detail oriented, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Office environment. Major activities performed on PC connected to mainframe, Unix, & client/server applications. Requirements for telephone consultation & support with clients.
- Duties are performed during standard business hours, but in addition, 24-hour on-call support will require some nights and weekends.
- Valid drivers license and the ability to attend meetings and respond to application problems at various corporate sites when necessary.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) is a wholesale power generation company. NRG is engaged in the ownership, development, construction and operation of power generation facilities, the transacting in and trading of fuel and transportation services, and the trading of energy, capacity and related products in the United States and select international markets. As of December 31, 2008, NRG had a total portfolio of 189 active operating generation units at 48 power generation plants, with an aggregate generation capacity of approximately 24,005 megawatt, and approximately 550 megawatt under construction, which includes partners' interests of 275 megawatt. In addition, NRG has ownership interests in two wind farms representing an aggregate generation capacity of 270 megawatt, which includes partner interests of 75 megawatt. On April 28, 2008, NRG completed the sale of its 100% interest in Tosli Acquisition B.V. In May 2009, Reliant Energy, Inc. completed the sale of its Texas retail business to NRG.