Req. Id: 354
Location Name: NRG AUSTIN (NRRA)
Type: Salary (FS)
NRG is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 250 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions. Our retail electricity providers serve almost 3 million residential and commercial customers throughout the country. More information is available at www.nrgenergy.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Responsible for identifying and managing business relationships with electricity customers in the deregulated Texas market. Serve as a contact for communications with electricity customers. Will identify prospects and profitably sell electricity to small and medium sized commercial customers. Products will include both commodity and related non-commodity products for designated REPs throughout the state of Texas.
- Profitably sell electricity products and services to targeted end-use customers. Identify and qualify sales prospects, make effective presentations and close sales within an acceptable time frame. Can change tactics midstream as needed.
- Work collaboratively with REPs to obtain the best value for the customer regardless of the REP's affiliation. Manage REP relationships and communication. The person should operate and recommend products and services that drive the most value to the customer regardless of the REP.
- Review REP contract and aggregation agreements.
- Manage the ongoing business relationships with assigned customer base by maintaining contact as needed, promoting incremental products and services, resolving customer issues and renewing expiring contracts.
- Serve as primary contact for all communications with customer (billing questions, contract expiration notices, pricing alerts, contract explanation/sales, market updates, and customer service).
- Support the internal service delivery system by working cooperatively and effectively with all members of the service delivery team. Provide all information necessary to service customer agreements and ensure completion of all necessary customer agreements. All submitted material will be neat and clearly legible.
- Maintain electricity pricing performance progress reports, weekly.
- Actively seek out and recommend new products and services that increase profitability of new customers (and existing customers if assigned) via customer presentations.
- Assist with the development and testing of new products/services through continuous discovery of customer needs.
- Maintain high awareness of the competitive environment, electricity marketing trends, and current pricing strategies and utility/telecom tariffs.
- Ability to meet defined sales/financial goals and objectives.
- Represent company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Participate in professional associations, chambers of commerce, economic development corporations, as well as seek out creative non-traditional ways sell electricity and related products
- Attendance and active participation in required meetings and training sessions.
Education: Prefer, Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, marketing or related discipline or a combination of education and work experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Experience Progressively responsible, professional experience in direct/outside sales or marketing in energy, telecommunications, IT/software, or related industry targeting small and mid-sized commercial customers. Must have a successful track record of profitably selling, managing relationships and communications with business customers. Prefer 2yrs. experience in Broker Sales, in the state of Texas, and the ability to provide documentation of a successful sales track record.
- 5+ years experience - Sales Rep 3 (4+ years energy preferred) Please change to 3+ years sales experience - and 2 years energy preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to persuasively explain value of company services compared to competitors and multiple products to a diverse group of business customers.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers.
- Able to convince all REPs to submit the best pricing/product.
- Ability to get first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one on one, small and large groups; effective both inside and outside the organization; can change tactics midstream accordingly.
- Detailed understanding of business development processes or has sufficient technical background and learning aptitude to be able to quickly master the basic components of the processes.
- Knowledge of deregulated electric market.
- Able to communicate effectively in oral and written form to all levels of an organization.
- Ability to manage projects and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new industry, company, product or technical knowledge and effectively convey that knowledge to customers.
- Must be able to work and excel in an independent environment without daily supervision.
- Must be a proven self-starter.
- Proficient in general computer skills to include customer relationship management software and a general knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet format. Must have regular access to a computer with internet access.
- Must have superb organizational skills, follow through and be results oriented.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Fast-paced, high-activity environment.
- Some travel required (up to 10 %)
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources
NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) is a wholesale power generation company. NRG is engaged in the ownership, development, construction and operation of power generation facilities, the transacting in and trading of fuel and transportation services, and the trading of energy, capacity and related products in the United States and select international markets. As of December 31, 2008, NRG had a total portfolio of 189 active operating generation units at 48 power generation plants, with an aggregate generation capacity of approximately 24,005 megawatt, and approximately 550 megawatt under construction, which includes partners' interests of 275 megawatt. In addition, NRG has ownership interests in two wind farms representing an aggregate generation capacity of 270 megawatt, which includes partner interests of 75 megawatt. On April 28, 2008, NRG completed the sale of its 100% interest in Tosli Acquisition B.V. In May 2009, Reliant Energy, Inc. completed the sale of its Texas retail business to NRG.