At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required form.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As an Investment or Trust Operations subject matter expert, the Retail Investment Operations (RIO) Services Consultant consults at all levels of the company on divisional and departmental business processes, product knowledge and highly complex case resolution; identify solutions to unusual situations and proactively seek process improvement opportunities; evaluate, select and manage potential development and enhancements for new and/or existing systems and processes; research and resolve complex operations issues in brokerage accounts and/or advisory accounts (including inquiries and escalated issues); independently lead projects based on sound business justification; manage change across the organization; interface effectively with audiences across the business (business clients, agency level, strategic vendors, and business system teams). Above all, you are comfortable simultaneously handling a large and diverse number of tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Depending on the specific job responsibilities assigned, this position could either require a minimum of a FINRA Series 6 or FINRA Series (If the Series 6 is required, the Series 7 is still preferred.)
- This position has been classified as an Access Person, which will require the reporting of your personal securities transactions.
- This position has been classified as an Associated Person under NMIS guidelines and requires fingerprinting and completion of required forms.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or a significant amount of directly related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position.
- Seven years progressively responsible work experience. Experience in designated investment products and/or services including brokerage operations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, diplomacy and decision making skills to include the abilities to lead operational change across the organization, evaluate, identify, diagnose and implement decisions and solutions to problems within the scope of the job.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with experience in writing and developing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and consider a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and/or recommending future enhancements, strategic direction or making decisions.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize among a number of issues/tasks at a time.
- High degree of personal initiative and motivation with the ability to work independently.
- FINRA Series 6 (or obtained within a speficied timeframe)
Location: 720 E Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, Milwaukee, 53202, United States (US)
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 02/08/2016