At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
As an Administrative Assistant, you will provide critical administrative support to department officers and other key company principals. At ease conveying complex and often sensitive information with a high degree of clarity and discretion, you will handle special projects that require independent judgment. Highly knowledgeable as to departmental activities and with an advanced Microsoft Office expertise, you will act as consultant to other Administrative Assistants, at times overseeing division workflow. You will provide key administrative support for division accounting activities, including: processing of receipts and disbursements; compilation of financial statements and cash reconciliations. Additional duties: coordination of principals’ calendars and scheduling commitments; coordination of internal and external meetings and room requests; report preparation; oversight of departmental file maintenance; travel and special events coordination.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position will support a leader within our Enterprise Solutions department which is the is the company's "front door" for thought leadership on how to use technology, process improvement and leveraging analytics to help the company achieve our mission. The ideal candidate will possess strong skills in meeting planning, scheduling through Outlook, organizing and prioritizing.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- A minimum of three years of recent significant administrative and/or project experience demonstrating accurate keyboarding skills of 35 wpm required
- Proficiency in latest version of MS Office Suite required.
- Can understand the broader business purpose of tasks assigned for execution.
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in handling materials and sensitive information discretely, while exercising tact and diplomacy in dealing with others.
- Proven ability to apply good judgment in making independent decisions and coordinating information.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and manage multiple priorities. Proven ability to work independently and with initiative in completing and coordinating numerous work assignments, while meeting multiple deadlines that may change.
- High degree of personal organization, professionalism, self-motivation and integrity.
- Strong teamwork orientation with the ability to share responsibilities and interact harmoniously with co-workers and others from across the Company
Req ID: 4824
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: 02/02/2016