Northrop Grumman Technology Services, System Modernization & Services Division is seeking a Strategic Planning Intern to perform market and competitive analysis and support the strategic planning process for the division. The Strategic Planning Intern will report to the Division Director, Strategy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building thoughtful, complete and rigorous market assessments and business cases for a variety of federal, state & local and international markets. She/he will be responsible for researching and providing integrated analysis of competitor behavior, customer dynamics, financial / economic drivers and market / technology trends over the long range planning period.
She/he will have the ability to perform market research, competitive assessments and apply them in the development of market segment and product strategies. She/he will have a practical understanding of how to utilize available tools to provide market and business case/financial analysis related to our target market segments.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to think critically and to effectively communicate market conditions, competitive business trends, geo-political environment, and develop recommendations in a concise and insightful manner.
* Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's degree (or higher level) college / university program as a Business Management, Economics, Political Science, Communications, or other related major degree
* Have completed at least sophomore year
* Available to work for 10 weeks during the summer 2016 semester
* Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail, strong work ethic to handle multiple priorities and the ability to function independently
* Strong proficiency in MS Office suite
* Must be a US Citizen
* Minimum GPA: 3.25
* GPA 3.7
* Experience with Leadership activities, Academic Clubs, Diversity Organizations
* Experience with market and competitor analysis
* Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize business and marketing insights from multiple sources
* Experience with basic financial modeling and financial statements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Corporation (Northrop Grumman) is an integrated enterprise consisting of businesses that cover the entire defense spectrum, from undersea to outer space and into cyberspace. The Company is aligned into seven segments categorized into four primary businesses. The Mission Systems, Information Technology, and Technical Services segments are presented as Information and Services. The Integrated Systems and Space Technology segments are presented as Aerospace. The Electronics and Ships segments are each presented as separate businesses. In January 2008, the Newport News and Ship Systems businesses were realigned into a single operating segment called Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding. In April 2008, the Company announced that it has completed the sale of its Electro-Optical Systems business to L-3 Communications. In October 2008, the Company acquired 3001 International, Inc. (3001).