Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman - Mission Systems Sector.
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking applicants with a software specific skillset who either graduated Spring 2016 or are graduating in December 2016 or Winter/Spring 2017.
Applying to this Software Engineer New Graduate requisition will place you in a pool of candidates being considered for current and future technical opportunities that leverage your software skillset. In particular, you will receive visibility to the college recruiters and hiring managers supporting our Communications Business Unit in San Diego, CA
Our software engineering related opportunities involve full life-cycle product development on architectures ranging from distributed networks of workstations and PCs to custom-designed, real-time embedded systems. Applications include real-time control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, signal processing, networks communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverse engineering, artificial intelligence, database management and GUI development.
Technologies utilized include Object Oriented Design/Programming, SOA Architectures, C/C , C#, .NET, Java, Embedded Real-time Development, Web Technologies, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks and Mercury Operating Systems, as well as scripting languages including Perl, Ruby, Python and/or SHELL.
Wondering what you would be doing as a Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman? You could find yourself in a role as an Embedded Software Developer, Systems Administrator, Database Analyst, Applications Developer, Software Developer, Test & Evaluation Engineer, Systems Engineer, Software Engineer or a Product Development Engineer.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
* Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
* Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
* Be majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or Mathematics
* Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
* Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
* Have experience with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
* Object Oriented Design/Programming, SOA Architectures, C/C , C#, .NET, Java
* Embedded Real-time Development, Web Technologies, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks and Mercury Operating Systems, as well as scripting languages including Perl, Ruby, Python and/or SHELL
* Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
* Good presentation and writing/communication skills
* Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Corporation (Northrop Grumman) is an integrated enterprise consisting of businesses that cover the entire defense spectrum, from undersea to outer space and into cyberspace. The Company is aligned into seven segments categorized into four primary businesses. The Mission Systems, Information Technology, and Technical Services segments are presented as Information and Services. The Integrated Systems and Space Technology segments are presented as Aerospace. The Electronics and Ships segments are each presented as separate businesses. In January 2008, the Newport News and Ship Systems businesses were realigned into a single operating segment called Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding. In April 2008, the Company announced that it has completed the sale of its Electro-Optical Systems business to L-3 Communications. In October 2008, the Company acquired 3001 International, Inc. (3001).