As Executive Office Supervisor you will plan, organize and supervise department clerical staff and activities. You will also perform diversified administrative/coordinative duties supporting executive level management and business operation and maintain flow and quality of department work Responsibilities include:
- Supervises, coordinates and leads the work of assigned clerical staff.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and supervises staff. Evaluates performance and ensures appraisals are completed on a timely basis.
- Trains new clerical staff members in department policies and technical procedures; provides instruction related to new procedures.
- Approves vacation and holiday time, ensuring adequate department coverage at all times. Submits and reviews departmental payroll sheet.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates department clerical activities.
- Reviews, evaluates and modifies clerical systems to maximize productivity and efficiency. Maintains flow and quality of work.
- Performs diversified administrative/coordinative duties supporting executive level management and business operation.
- Drafts confidential correspondence, edits documents, takes minutes of meetings.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, etc.;
- Maintaining files and records;
- Performing receptionist duties;
- Collecting payments;
- Preparing statistical data;
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory;
- Assists in various departmental projects, as required.
- Assists in departmental budget preparation and monitors expenditures.
- Maintains office supplies and initiates requisitions.
- May handle residency application process including the interview schedule.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Business Administration as normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible Executive Assistant experience, required.
- Typing 50 wpm.
- Working knowledge of PC applications (word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics), required. Ability to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment.Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Job:
General Administration Primary Location:
Center for Advanced Medicine -- Lake Success Organization:
NS - LIJ Medical Group Manhasset Schedule:
Full Time Shift:
About North Shore - LIJ
As the largest healthcare provider in the region, North Shore-LIJ offers an unparalleled spectrum of high-quality services to meet all of your needs. Our vast resources are matched by a commitment to personalized healthcare-whether you receive treatment at one of our 14 hospitals, centers of progressive care, long-term care facilities or through one of our home health agencies. Our more than 8,000 world-class physicians, 7,000-plus nurses and other healthcare professionals are dedicated to providing compassionate care in a safe, comfortable environment using the latest technology and treatment methods.