Take The NYPD Police Officer Exam
At One Of The New York City Testing Centers!
In Downtown Brooklyn OR Lower Manhattan
Take the NYPD Exam 6 days a week (Mon – Sat) at one of the NYC Testing Centers located in Downtown Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan.
FOR CURRENT MONTHLY TEST SCHEDULE CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON BELOW (which will take you to NYPD's informational site)
A CAREER WITH A FUTURE
Why should you consider a career as a Police Officer? Aside from the benefits and stability that surpass what many industries are providing today, the police profession offers a variety of work assignments, and unlimited growth opportunities. This is a career that doesn't tie you to a desk; in fact it allows you to be part of the community, meeting people and resolving real world problems.
A CAREER WITH A VERY COMPETITIVE SALARY
Police Officers receive full pay and benefits from their first day of recruit training. The salary schedule (per annum) for Police Officers will be:
Base Pay: Total Compensation:
- Currently $41,975 $44,744
- After 1½ years $43,644 $48,173
- After 2½ years $48,779 $53,819
- After 3½ years $53,270 $58,786
- After 4½ years $56,609 $62,455
- After 5 years $56,609 $69,005
- After 5½ years $76,488 $90,829
The base pay will increase every year to $76,488 after 5½ years. When including base pay, longevity pay, night shift differential, holiday pay, and uniform allowance, a Police Officer will earn $90,829 before overtime after 5½ years of service.
A CAREER WITH EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS
- 10 Paid vacation days during first & second year
- 13 Paid vacation days during third, fourth and fifth year
- 27 Paid vacation days after 5 years of service
- Excellent promotional opportunities
- Unlimited sick leave with full pay
- A choice of paid medical programs
- Prescription, dental, and eye glass coverage
- Annuity fund
- Availability of a deferred Compensation Plan, 401K and I.R.A.
- Optional retirement at ½ salary after 22 years of service
- Annual $12,000 Variable Supplement Fund (Upon retirement)
- Annual banking of $12,000 Variable Supplement Fund after 22 years of service (If not retiring)
- Additional benefits are available for Military Personnel
A CAREER WHERE YOU CAN ADVANCE
Every Police Executive started as a Police Officer and Police Officers develop expertise in everything from computers to community organization. With over 300 Specialized Units, there are no glass ceilings or dead ends. You can go as far as your willingness and determination will take you. Many of our officers become specialists in Aviation, Highway Patrol, Emergency Services, Crime Scene Analysis, Criminal Investigations, Drug Enforcement, Detective Bureau and much more. The skills you'll learn, the growth you'll experience and the benefits you'll earn will truly last a lifetime.
AFTER THE WRITTEN TEST... you must pass:
- Medical examination (including a drug screening test)
- Psychological examination
- Physical agility examination
- Background & character investigation
THE DAY YOU ARE HIRED… you must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have 60 college credits with at least a 2.0 GPA or 2 years active military experience
- Have a valid NYS driver’s license without restrictions
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Be a resident of New York City or the counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange or Putnam Counties
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CALL 212-R-E-C-R-U-I-T or click the APPLY button which will redirect you to NYPD's informational site.