The Audit, Accounting and Financial Services organization is responsible for all facets of financial reporting for the National Security Agency. We currently have a need for accountants; specifically those specializing in the area of property accounting (including internal use software), to assist the agency in reaching its goal of auditability. If you have a desire to assist the National Security Agency in achieving an unmodified audit opinion and help work to shape our accounting processes and practices, then this is the place for you!
Selected individuals will be instrumental in developing, administering, and remediating our property, inventory, and project cost accounting work streams, using the PeopleSoft financial system. Accountants at NSA are responsible for ensuring that financial transactions, including the evaluation of all general property, plant, and equipments costs, are reported in accordance with federal statutes, DoD, ODNI and OMB policies and regulations, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other external directives, standards, and practices.
Salary Range: $43,684 - $69,460 (Entry/Developmental)
Entry is with a Bachelor's degree and no experience.
* Degree must be in a business related field including at least 24 semester hours of accounting.
Salary Range: $64,650 - $100,736 (Full Performance)
Entry is with a Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience, or a post baccalaureate certificate and 3 years of experience, or a Master's degree and 1 year of experience.
* Degree must be a 150-hour accounting degree (qualifies an individual to sit for the CPA exam).If not, 2 additional years of experience are required.
* Experience must be progressive, professional experience within the accounting career field.
Candidates must possess:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, economics, public administration or computer science that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. Advanced degrees in these fields are desirable as are professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), and Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM).
- The ability to apply accounting and financial concepts, principles, and standards, coupled with IT savviness, to effectively develop, operate, and maintain financial programs and systems.
- The ability to work independently on multiple interrelated projects, using initiative, ingenuity and judgment to meet established milestones.
- The ability to apply various cost accounting and cost management techniques including standard costing with variance analysis, activity-based costing, project costing, capital planning, target costing, and value stream costing.
- Effective communication skills (orally and written) to work with individuals at various levels in presenting ideas, findings, and recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience in the management and implementation of internal control, audit follow-up, and validation programs.
- Working knowledge of the U.S. Standard General Ledger (USSGL) is a plus.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
This Ad closes on March 31, 2016.