**Title** Systems Engineer
* *Job Number** 236BR
* *Location** Albuquerque, NM
* *Employment Type** Full-Time
* *Job Family** Research and Development
* *Company Overview** AIS is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer's mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
* *Job Summary** Applies integrated technical judgment--which requires using the scientific method to recognize and formulate problems, to collect data through observation and experimentation, and to formulate and test hypotheses--to anticipate, Innovate, and deliver solutions to Sandia National laboratories missions. Roots the work in the fundamentals of science and engineering while applying a deep understanding of engineering and scientific principles. Creates and applies scientific theories and laws and engineering methods used within scientific and engineering disciplines to develop or demonstrate new designs, concepts, materials, machines, products, processes, or systems. Uses physical and computational simulation, analysis, and evaluation as inherent activities of development. Plans, conducts, and executes Sandia's science and engineering programs within the spectrum of fundamental research, development, or demonstration. Works with the project manager and the customer to negotiate and define system requirements that enable mission function and performance; develop system conceptual designs to meet those requirements; and define the necessary subsystems, components, and interfaces to realize the system. Using a deep understanding of system operation and performance, performs functional decomposition of system requirements into subsystem-level performance requirements that are achievable within the cost and schedule constraints of a project. Provides system-level design architecture analysis that combines a number of component parts or subsystems into a complete functional system. Defines component and system-level performance requirements and develops acceptance criteria for the subsystems and system. Evaluates competing characteristics between system elements to determine the most effective integrated system solution.
* *Job Specifications** An opportunity exists for a Systems Engineer to join the development program for the Mobile Guardian Transporter. The MGT is the next generation of secure transportation and the program is seeking highly motivated team members. The MGT program has recently begun the baseline design phase and has the broad support of Sandia and the NNSA leadership. The selected individual will be part of the Systems Engineering team and will contribute to the development of a complex system through baseline design, final design and, pre-production phases of the program. This position provides the opportunity to play a key role in the development of a critical national security asset and to grow Systems Engineering skills and experience on a complex system.
Responsibilities will include:
* Collaborate with the SE team in the area of requirements development and management, flow-down of requirements to subsystems, and system specification.
* Work with these team, subsystems teams and qualification team to produce a verification plan. Define objectives of the verification efforts, required data, and acceptance criteria.
* Produce Interface Control Documents as required between the complex system and its interfaces.
* Help ensure compatibility of requirements and design across subsystems drawing on technical expertise to uncover inconsistencies.
* Partner with quality engineering to ensure that requirements of the quality program are met
* *Knowledge, Skills, Ability** Advanced technical degree or significant equivalent experience. Multidisciplinary technical knowledge and competencies appropriate to the position. Ability to perform the integrated technical analyses that underpin the development of a realizable system concept. Ability to synthesize operational concepts for experimental or exploratory systems to innovate and deliver solutions to customers in mission areas not fully defined or understood. Thorough knowledge of and applied experience with scientific and engineering methods and with the discipline's standards for the ethical conduct of research. Thorough knowledge of and experience with scoping, designing, planning, and executing research, design, and development projects. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Implementing Sandia policies affecting research, design, and development activities, projects, or initiatives. Demonstrated ability to engage customers and stakeholders in the synthesis of significant systems experiments and to team across disciplines.
* *Minimum Qualifications (Required)** An undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or systems engineering and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a systems engineering role involving some aspects of requirements flow-down, requirements management, or Interface definition.
Demonstrated success working in a multi-disciplinary team
* *Preferred Qualifications (Desired)** - An advanced degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or systems engineering and 4 years of experience in a systems engineering role for a development program.
* Experience developing Interface Control Documents.
* Demonstrated experience developing requirements and flowing down requirements to subsystems.
* Experience using DOORS for requirements management.
* Experience developing and/or executing integration or assembly of complex electro-mechanical products.
* Strong collaboration skills and a demonstrated ability to accomplish system level goals.
* Flexibility to adapt to changing assignments as system development proceeds and needs change
* *AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER** AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department
* *Anticipated Contract Duration** 1-2 years
* *Removal Date** 16-Apr-2017
About NANA Regional Corporation
NANA is the regional Native corporation for the northwest Arctic region.
The Northwest Arctic Borough is the governing body for the region.
The NANA region encompasses 38,000 square miles, an area approximately the same size as the state of Indiana.
The NANA Land Department manages all corporate-owned lands within the region. The purpose of this site is to provide the public with information on NANA lands, and to provide a forum for cooperation among land managers and user groups in the dissemination of land information.