We are seeking qualified candidates for a Civil Engineering Internship to support our Atlanta, GA office. This is a terrific opportunity for a college junior/senior/graduate student to learn by directly working on municipal wet weather projects.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
* Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports
* Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for water infrastructure projects
* Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, and potential work on GIS and hydraulic modeling platforms
* Performing site visits to observe survey activities
* Performing research and contacting vendors for information
* High School Diploma required. Must have completed at least 3 semesters of undergraduate coursework towards pursuing a degree in civil, water resources, or environmental engineering.
* Must be currently enrolled in an accredited engineering degree program and have current status as a junior, senior or graduate student as of summer 2017.
* Team player with excellent written and oral communication skills is preferred.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction.
* Local candidates are preferred, however, students who reside near each respective office for summer months may be considered.
* On your resume, please include any experience with GIS and any current safety trainings you have completed (OSHA, HAZWOPR, etc.)
* New college graduates are not eligible for internships at MWH, however, MWH hires recent graduates at the Associate level. New graduates are encouraged to apply for such roles at: www.mwhglobal.com. .
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
Headquartered in Broomfield, Colo., MWH is a private, employee-owned firm with approximately 6,000 employees worldwide.