Req ID: 22361
Imagine being part of a highly collaborative team developing and delivering the most innovative training in the Test industry today. If you enjoy translating technically complex information and concepts into useful training materials that will benefit customers around the globe to make their products smarter, faster and safer, this is the perfect role for you!
MTS Systems, long known for innovative solutions and work life balance, is looking to hire a Technical Writer to join our Technical Communication team. You will be responsible for designing and producing end-user technical user documentation, hardware setup and maintenance manuals, and reference guides. As a critical member of the team, you will support our growing services division to enhance customer experiences and drive growth.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create new technical manuals supporting MTS Test systems.
- Design and produce new end-user documentation with input from system designers and engineers .
- Create comprehensive documentation packages consisting of engineering drawings, hardware and software product manuals, and system overview, operation, and maintenance instructions for delivery to customers.
- Participation in the development and implementation of department standards and processes.
- Supports team development through training, peer documentation reviews, and project planning.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or mechanical assembly environment
- Experience with servo-hydraulic, software, and electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to understand business work flow and work independently
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with customers and writing with an end-user focus
- Work history demonstrating accountability and personal excellence
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in engineering science, communications or English
- Experience with single-source content reuse in a topic-based writing environment
- Experience with technical writing tools, including FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator, XML authoring and MadCap Flare
- Project planning and scheduling in SAP
- Knowledge of closed-loop control systems
Unmatched Solutions and Expertise for Absolute Confidence
Being certain means everything when solving complex engineering challenges. Our products and our reputation depend on it. At MTS Systems Corporation, we collaborate closely with our customers to design, develop and produce higher quality products with greater speed and lower cost. Join our innovative team and help us support our mission to be the leading provider of testing and sensing solutions. By working together, we can help our customers optimize their designs, improve their productivity and bring better products to market faster.
MTS Systems Corporation is a leading global supplier of high-performance test systems and position sensors. The Company’s testing hardware and software solutions help customers accelerate and improve their design, development, and manufacturing processes and are used for determining the mechanical behavior of materials, products, and structures. MTS’s high-performance position sensors provide controls for a variety of industrial and vehicular applications.
Third party/agency submissions will not be accepted for this position.
MTS Systems Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.