Req ID: 21141
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
Imagine being part of an experienced quality focused team, working on highly visible, technically challenging projects. As the Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing data, recommending actions, and leading team members to resolution.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Customer Care
- Investigates and recommends relevant quality standards for proposed products
- Supports Technical Marketing and Quality Manager with review of customer quality standards for compliance and applicability
- Performs failure analysis of customer returns and provides response in form of 8D or equivalent, as requested, to the customer
- Supports Technical Marketing with customer visits to review customer processes, pinpoints failure issues and recommends changes
- Supports Technical Marketing and Quality Manager prior to and during customer audits
- R&D Support
- Reviews product documentation before release with engineering for completeness, clarity and adherence to relevant design standards
- Generates Design-FMEA with design engineers and highlights major failure modes
- Generates Process-FMEA with Engineering and Manufacturing, and highlights major failure modes
- Participates in creation of validation and qualification plans keeping in line with relevant standards
- Creates validation and verification reports for internal and customer distribution
- Participates in creation of production test plan and validates production test equipment
- Creates production quality control check points and periodically validates production test processes
- Develops inspection tooling and procedures, periodically audits production fixtures and tooling for reliability and repeatability
- Reviews and supports the creation of production work instructions and SOP’s
- Monitors production quality statistics and key performance indicators
- Ensures timely failure and trend analysis of internal production failures and warranty returns
- Actively drives continuous improvement activities
- Materials and Supplier development
- Participates in new vendor evaluation and qualification to meet Sensors’ quality and performance requirements. Monitors vendor performance
- Validates vendor capabilities, and supports quality department metrology
- Performs regular vendor audits and recommends disposition of non-conforming material
- Ensures timely and effective corrective actions for product failures with responsible vendor as appropriate
- Performs internal audits, maintaining the quality management system
- Prepares for external audits under direction of the Quality Manager
- Completes audit documentation and verification of corrective and preventive actions
- Actively participates with worldwide Sensor’s plants and manufacturing lines.
- Participates in Sensor’s worldwide strategic initiatives for quality, production and automation
- Shares quality data and failure analysis
- Develops and provides training for IPC, ISO-9001, inspection methods, reliability improvement, statistical techniques, and good manufacturing practices in an electro-mechanical environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a quality engineer role.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Proven ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions and technical documents
- Decision making based on data analysis. Employ quality tools including: pareto, capability analysis, RCFA, SPC, GRR
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality management system
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Lean background or Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Proficiency in using statistical analysis software (Minitab, SAS, Statgraphics)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor
- AIAG training or experience in advanced product quality planning (APQP)
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status or veteran status.