Req ID: 20721
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
The Service Metrologist provides support in the field of Metrology as it pertains to the field calibration of testing systems and devices used by MTS customers worldwide, assists in the development and implementation of new calibration products, and supports fielded calibration products as they are utilized by the world-wide field service team.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Assists in the development and implementation of new calibration processes and products
• Evaluates opportunities for new calibration products or processes.
• Assists in the selection of calibration equipment.
• Writes calibration procedures.
• Designs, constructs or coordinates the construction of special calibration equipment, fixtures and processes.
• Maintains traceability and develops measurement uncertainty analysis where applicable.
• Assists in meeting accreditation requirements where required.
2. Maintains expertise with respect to the methods and equipment in metrology technical area. Utilizes this knowledge and equipment to support the Service Market calibration enterprise.
• Keeps abreast of measurement technology and industry standard practices.
• Utilizes knowledge of national and international procedures and means to maintain traceability conformance.
• Keeps abreast of accreditation requirements.
3. Recommends changes to existing calibration products or processes when needed.
4. Assists with test equipment and process problems, whether the problems concern measurement techniques, instrument operation, or instrument deficiency.
5. Assists in defining training requirements for new calibration processes.
6. Assists in training service personnel.
7. Maintains good housekeeping methods to facilitate orderly and efficient testing and to minimize safety hazards.
8. Performs all position responsibilities in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and makes productive use of all available working hours.
- At least two years vocational training
- 3+ years of relevant metrology experience
- Ability to comprehend and apply oral and written instructions
Displays competence in all phases of measurement traceability and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of metrology in a laboratory and or on-site environment
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status or veteran status.