The Epic Application Analyst utilizes his/her knowledge of the client's clinical or business requirements, application capabilities, and his/her technical skills to implement and support applications. The Application Analyst is responsible for the implementation of new applications, upgrades, and modifications to existing systems and assisting in the coordination of these efforts. The Application Analyst is also responsible for the application configuration, go-live support, and on-going client support. He/she works on multiple projects concurrently. The Application Analyst provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Install new applications, new components, and upgrade existing applications. Configure application settings and validate configurations performed by Application Analysts.
- Define go-live and rollout support schedule. Assist in the coordination of field support activities. Provide go-live and rollout support.
- Support users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversee analysis of necessary application modifications and work with the appropriate Montefiore IT associate or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Determine how a new system, upgrade, or new component can best meet the needs of the users:
- Analyze business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interpret end user requirements, by fully discussing potential options, and help client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluate the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Create system specifications from user requirements.
- Create test plans and test new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Document all outcomes of testing. Review Application Analyst's test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
Technical Skills Required
- Epic application implementation, troubleshooting, testing, and support experience preferred.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of clinical area or business area to be supported.
- Programming or other technical skills beneficial.
- Experience dealing with end users.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
- Presentation skills.
- User and vendor interaction.
- Epic Ambulatory Certification will be required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Department: Epic Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: Corporate Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 4 Executive Plaza, Yonkers
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30am-5pm Req ID: 61942
Equal Opportunity Employer