Don't wait! First round interviews are being scheduled now.
Business Intelligence Software(BI)
Content & Collaboration Software
Customer Relationship Management Software(CRM)
Enterprise Resource Planning Software(ERP)
Legal & HR Software
Software Development & Design
Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 860227-131315
Division: Advanced Strategy and Research
Want to be responsible for creating dramatic transformations in how education is delivered to the world? We are starting a new project that will create Client and Services technologies that will change the way students everywhere can learn. By integrating the internet deeply into our solutions, we will drive innovation and a class of new experiences. Come be a developer on the team that will that will revolutionize education touch millions of customers around the world.
We plan to leverage and build on Microsoft products and technologies such as Office, Office 365, and the Modern UI to build experiences that enable easy authoring, publishing, and the consumption of educational content. This includes interactive content, collaboration capabilities, as well as innovation in evaluation. Our team is small, so we don't have specialized roles for testing or program management; everybody is expected to know the scenario, come up with the design, write code, test it, and deliver quality end-to-end. For this job, you need to be willing to get your hands dirty and own ideas from inception to delivery. In other words know the customer, know the use, and build it right. Then brag about it to your friends and family as they use it.
Experience building Services at scale is strongly desired. Development experience with Azure, O365, and SharePoint is a plus.
- Open to trying out new ideas, prototype and experiment to prove out the ideas and build lasting infrastructure and process to be efficient.
- You thrive in an ambiguous, startup environment.
- Proactive, self-motivated and result oriented.
- Track record of delivering clean and working designs and architectures for large-scale projects; expert knowledge in C++ or C# (preferably both); familiarity with distributed systems or service architectures desired, but not required.
- Development experience with building cloud applications like AZURE and EC2
- Deep expertise in systems-level programming: storage and file systems, networking, and transaction processing.
- Outstanding coding chops in C++ and C#.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Demonstrated experience shipping products.
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (Masters or PhD preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
About Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's software products include operating systems for servers, personal computers and intelligent devices, server applications for distributed computing environments, information worker productivity applications, business solution applications, high-performance computing applications and software development tools and video games. It provides consulting and product support services, and trains and certifies computer system integrators and developers. Microsoft Corporation sells the Xbox 360 video game console and games, the Zune digital music and entertainment device, PC games, and peripherals. The Company has five segments: Client, Server and Tools, the Online Services Business, the Microsoft Business Division, and the Entertainment and Devices Division.In June 2008, the Company acquired Navic Networks. In September 2008, it acquired DATAllegro Inc.