Experience:
3-5 years of experience
Concerned about your lack of experience? Learn More...
Employment Type:
Full time
Posted:
10/26/2019
Job Category:
Agent / Broker
See more jobs for students and recent grads who studied:
Property Claims Spec Field I - CAT/Spikes Team
Mercury Insurance Group | Los Angeles, California
Tell Us More About Your Job Preferences
By telling us what you think of this job, we can help find jobs that match your interests. If you want to see more jobs like this, click on the smiley face. Or if this job isn't what you are looking for, click the frowny face. Learn More...

Follow This Company
Share

Job Description

Extended hours may be required during catastrophes or spike claim volume. Flexibility to travel on short notice, up to 50% of the time, and ability to be on call required.

If selected for this role, in addition to the 10% added to your base hourly rate you are eligible for while on the CAT/Spike Team, the Company is adding a temporary incentive of 5% to your base hourly rate, for a total incentive of 15%. The temporary incentive amount is reviewed annually and the Company reserves the right to abandon, amend or modify the incentive at any time.

Position Summary

Under moderate supervision within a Claims Branch, investigates, evaluates and settles minor Homeowners field claims in a timely and efficient manner as to prevent unnecessary expense to the Company and policyholders, and provide exceptional service to our customers.

Essential Job Functions:

* Investigate Homeowners claims of minor complexity to confirm facts, origin and cause of loss. Address and handle ALL exposures of the claim, including Dwelling, Other Structures, Contents, and Loss of use. Investigation may include scene inspection, recorded interview with policyholder, or use of appropriate experts.
* Compare facts gathered during the investigation against the policy to determine coverage of claim; extend or deny coverage as appropriate.
* Assess and determine extent of damages, and document with photographs, measurements, repair estimate, and thorough log notes.
* Establishes reserve amounts within prescribed settlement authority limit and negotiates settlement of claims; recommends claims which exceed personal authority limit to supervisor for approval.
* Keep claim on a regular diary to monitor unresolved issues and exposures. Regularly monitor progress and expense of ongoing claims.
* Throughout entire claim handling process, ensure exceptional service is provided to customers. This includes timely response to phone calls, emails, written communication, and adherence to Department of Insurance requirements.

Directs, monitors, and reviews files handled by independent adjusters to conclusion.
* Regular attendance at work on a full-time schedule of at least 8 hours and 40 hours per week. Other functions that may be assigned.

Minimum Experience

* Worker characteristics are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* For external candidates 1 - 3 years equivalent industry experience is preferred. Must meet established Company standards regarding personal driving history and current license status to be eligible for position.

About Mercury Insurance Group

Mercury General Corporation (Mercury General) and its subsidiaries are engaged primarily in writing automobile insurance principally in California. During the year ended December 31, 2007, private passenger automobile insurance and commercial automobile insurance accounted for 83.7% and 4.1%, respectively, of the Company's total direct premiums written. The non-automobile lines of insurance accounted for 12.2% of total direct premiums written in 2007, of which approximately 64.8% was in the homeowners line. The types of coverage offered by the Company to automobile policyholders include bodily injury liability, underinsured and uninsured motorist, personal injury protection, property damage liability, comprehensive, collision and other hazards. The Company also offers homeowners insurance, mechanical breakdown insurance, commercial and dwelling fire insurance, umbrella insurance, commercial automobile and commercial property insurance. (Source: 10-K)

This company profile was created by AfterCollege and is about Mercury Insurance Group. This page is not endorsed by or affiliated with Mercury Insurance Group. For questions regarding company profiles, please email: care@aftercollege.com.