Plant Engineering Technician - HVAC-PRO007883
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Maintenance Mechanic will provide maintenance supporting vaccine process equipment operations. Takes appropriate action to correct Plant Engineering maintenance problems. Responsible for supporting MMD (Merck Manufacturing Division) Divisional site mission by assuring quality of products and services are of the highest quality, optimal cost, and delivered on schedule. Responsible for supporting departmental vision that will provide for continuous improvement in all aspects of the operation. Must be able to function in a team-based empowered culture. Seeks ideas and information on how to improve customer service involving internal and external customers. Applies knowledge of the overall supply chain to efficiently complete work tasks.
HVAC Skills Concentration
A primary knowledge in the industrial HVAC/Refrigeration environment is required, specifically industrial refrigeration systems which includes DX systems, cascade refrigeration systems, and absorption systems. HVAC troubleshooting skills are essential and must possess the skills to be immediately effective in this area without further skills training. Must be able to read electrical prints, P&ID's, and understand P&ID control loops, plus do instrument calibrations. Extensive industrial experience involving utility systems, with a strong knowledge of steam generation systems, compressors, chillers, potable water systems, Building Automation Services, and HVAC systems. Knowledge of BAS Systems is preferred.
* Sets up, adjusts, repairs, and maintains all vaccine process equipment
* Performs calibrations and maintains industrial instrumentation standards
* Prepares technical documentation (PMs, CIs, & validation procedures) on as needed basis
* Participates in the establishment and improvement of new and existing process equipment
* Provides technical specifications and information to Quality, Manufacturing, Process-Project Engineers, and other MMD requestors
* Writes, installs, and tests measuring and nonmeasuring logic controller programming.
* Maintain Utility equipment by developing/performing PM's, developing/performing instrument calibrations, installing new equipment, completing validation protocols, documenting work using a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS - Maximo, SAP) and other duties as requested by the Utility Maintenance Manager.
Performs preventative maintenance inspections and prepares inspection reports concerning operation of equipment and mechanical condition of equipment.
There are two positions available. Shift work is either 1st or 3rd shift.
* HS Diploma or GED and 10 years utility operation/maintenance experience OR 2 year technical degree and 7 years maintenance experience.
* Extensive knowledge of industrial HVAC and building automation systems is required
* Extensive knowledge of industrial refrigeration systems which includes DX systems, cascade refrigeration systems, and absorption systems.
* Proficiency in the use and knowledge of PCs (Hardware & Software) including project management, word processing, spread sheet applications, and Microsoft Windows platform is required.
* BAS, HVAC and instrumentation troubleshooting skills are essential
* Must be able to read electrical prints, P&ID's, and understand P&ID control loops
* Industrial experience involving utility system generation, distribution and control are required, including a strong knowledge of steam, compressed air, refrigeration and water systems.
* This individual must have excellent documentation and verbal communication skills
* Must possess the ability to work effectively with peers, and display strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Experience working in a regulated industry such as FDA preferred
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
merck.com/careers to create a profile and your resume for requisition # PRO007883.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Number of Openings
Shift (if applicable)
About Merck & Co, Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc. is a leading research-driven pharmaceutical products and services company. Merck discovers, develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of innovative products to improve human health. Merck-Medco Managed Care, Inc. manages pharmacy benefits for more than 40 million Americans, encouraging the appropriate use of medicines and providing disease management programs. Through these complementary capabilities, Merck works to improve quality of life and lower overall health-care costs. In addition to delivering these benefits to society, Merck is committed to providing superior return for shareholders and a stimulating work environment for employees.
Merck continues to lead the industry in the use of new computer technology including integrated information systems for its scientists and business managers, super computer capabilities for its research laboratories, interactive lap-top computers for its sales force, computer controlled processes for manufacturing, and worldwide use of laboratory technology.