Job Posting Number:
61225BRJob Posting Title:
Pediatric & Adolescent MedicineWork Site:
MCHS - SW MN - Belle PlaineSite:
Mayo Clinic Health System is seeking a Pediatrician to join our team to provide ambulatory care at our clinic in Belle Plaine, MN. This position is primarily outpatient (4 days/week, 8am-5pm) with minimal inpatient responsibility and no scheduled call. Provider Responsibilities:
- Well-child visits
- Physical exams for sports, camp, school, etc.
- Care for acute illnesses
- Risk assessment and prevention
- Referrals to and coordination of visits with other physicians and health care providers
- New prescriptions and referrals for needed services (including durable medical equipment, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and other health care services)
- Referral to community resources and psychosocial support
- Board-certified/board-eligible in pediatrics
- Eligible for medical licensure in the State of Minnesota
- Possess ability to work independently/autonomously and interdependently with other health care professionals
- Have extensive patient assessment skills using diagnostic methods and instruments and possess ability to develop appropriate plan of care, modifying as indicated
- Possess effective communication skills and interpersonal skills with patients, families and members of health care team
- Practice experience is preferred, but not required
Belle Plaine, MN, has a rich history dating back to 1854 and an exciting future. With a progressive city council and proficient staff, the city is poised for commercial and residential growth. Located adjacent to the Minnesota River Valley along the Highway 169 corridor between Minneapolis/St. Paul and Mankato, the city offers a thriving business community and beautiful residential areas. The Highway169 corridor provides quick, easy access to local businesses. The vibrant highway commercial district provides residents with an array of services and retail stores. In keeping with founder Judge Chatfield's vision for Belle Plaine, careful planning has allowed the city to maintain a significant amount of park land and open space. These characteristics help make Belle Plaine a special community.
Mayo Clinic Health System links Mayo Clinic's respected expertise in patient care, research and education with Mayo's community-focused multi-specialty groups in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. Today, more than 950 physicians practice in 75 communities. Enjoy our collegiality, stability, excellent compensation and benefits and a balanced, high-quality Midwest lifestyle.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a CV and letter of interest.
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).