Manage a development team responsible for delivering new features for the Live Editor ecosystem.
Manage a development team responsible for developing and executing on a strategy for how our MATLAB Live Editor and other development tools can be improved to support software development workflows in and outside of MATLAB. In addition this team will provide architecture and API’s for other teams within MathWorks to leverage and contribute functionality to the Live Editor. To accomplish these ends you will:
- Work with usability experts and customer facing engineers on a variety of user-focused activities including usability studies, user workflow analysis like CARD, and customer interviews.
- Work with cross-functional teams responsible for install technology and Infrastructure/Architecture to develop a complete framework for delivering a fully automated and error-proof deployment process for our end users.
- Take responsibility for product life-cycle, including requirements gathering, high-level design, hands on coding, release planning, and interfacing with Marketing and other customer facing engineers. Work with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, efficient, and easy to maintain.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related discipline (MS is preferred), and at least 10 years software industry experience is required.
- Full time experience in the software industry with a proven track record of delivering engineering projects is required.
- A strong aptitude for understanding complex user workflows and how to use this knowledge to build better software is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to demonstrate experience as a strong team player.
- Industry experience in software engineering is required with full software life cycle, including requirements gathering, high-level design, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.