Do you have an embedded software, FPGA/ASIC or computer vision background? Do you have a strong aptitude and desire to write about technical topics? Come join a team at MathWorks that writes technical documentation for MATLAB and Simulink users who are designing and implementing in the communications and vision domains. We are looking for individuals to develop content that shows creative ways to design and simulate embedded systems. As integral members of multidisciplinary product teams, our technical writers help shape the design of cutting-edge software.
- Write user-focused content that explains concepts and techniques for generating HDL from model-based designs and MATLAB algorithms.
- Develop examples and tutorials that demonstrate important use cases for the HDL code generation and verification products.
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to research information needs.
- Participate with the development team in the planning, specification, and testing phases of the product.
- Help MathWorks develop next-generation online resources.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field
- Ability to learn and explain practical hardware design concepts and procedures in writing or in the classroom
- 2+ years of experience with or strong knowledge of hardware or software programming languages
- Experience writing about APIs and other technical content for engineering audiences
- Experience working with EDA tools for FPGA/ASIC design
Experience with hardware description languages such as Verilog and VHDL
Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
Knowledge of FPGA/ASIC design and high-level synthesis
Experience with signal, image, and video processing
Experience with software-defined radio
Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.