Do you have a strong aptitude for writing, interest in learning new technologies, and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences? You might be:
An experienced professional in control system design, dynamic systems, robust control, intelligent control or system identification, considering a career change.
A recent graduate in engineering or science with a keen interest in technical communication.
An experienced writer with a strong technical background.
Come join a team that writes online help content on how to use MathWorks controls tools. Write documentation and examples that show creative ways to analyze and design control systems. Become a part of a multi-disciplinary team and help shape the design of cutting-edge software.
- Write user-focused online content that explains key control concepts and solutions to our end users
- Develop examples and tutorials to show how to use our software to solve control systems problems
- Identify missing topics and fill gaps in existing information
- Collaborate with team members to plan, research, write, and update documentation
- Participate in the development of control systems products, review software requirements and functional designs, provide comments and suggest improvements
- Help MathWorks develop next generation online resources
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Bachelor's or higher with knowledge in the area of control engineering
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts in the classroom or in writing
- Ability to explain and teach a wide range of control engineering subjects, from PID control to Bode plots and robust control
- Ability to develop and document simple, practical solutions to common control systems problems in various industries
- Previous experience writing for a technical audience
- Knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink a plus
To be considered for this opportunity, please include the following information as part of your online application (when
asked for Additional Documents):
- Samples of original writing that showcase your ability to convey complex procedures and concepts to technical audiences (PDFs or URLs)
- Overview of any experience using MathWorks products.
- Cover letter explaining why you want to be a Technical Writer at MathWorks and what you can bring to the position
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.