Are you interested in driving change and helping development teams build robust solutions? We are looking for a Senior Database Engineer that can explore new technologies, guide teams in using existing technologies effectively and provide mentorship to junior members of our team. You will be responsible for providing direction and solutions to development teams and advanced support for MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDb and other data-storage platforms. We are looking for someone to define and take a leadership role in driving architectural direction for the database environment. You will champion and integrate those technologies that are best aligned with the needs of the business.
- Provide technical leadership/mentorship to development teams
- Provide operational leadership for existing database infrastructure
- Initiate performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues
- Evaluate and recommend enhancements to the database infrastructure
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Demonstrated exposure and aptitude with one or more database platforms including SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple teams in a medium to large organization
- Experience with Amazon EC2/RDS (Aurora) a plus
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Experience in a globally distributed HA environment a plus
- Demonstrated experience learning and evaluating new technologies
- Extensive experience using multiple scripting languages
- Experience working with Agile teams
- Experience with big data a nice to have (Hadoop)
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.