Are you passionate about statistics? Do you like to teach others how to solve statistics and/or machine learning problems? Have you written about statistical concepts and methodologies in journal papers or books? Come join a team at MathWorks creating online content that explain statistical and machine learning concepts and methods to practicing engineers and students. We are looking for individuals who want to develop content that shows creative ways to use MathWorks statistics and machine learning tools to solve challenging problems.
- Write user-focused content that explains key statistical and machine learning concepts and methodologies
- Develop examples and tutorials showing how to use MathWorks software to solve statistics and machine learning problems
- Augment our existing resources with compelling new materials
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to identify information needs and generate online content for practicing engineers
- Participate in the software development process
- Help MathWorks develop next-generation online resources
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, or related technical field
- Strong math background and/or knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of statistics or machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to explain statistical concepts and methodologies in the classroom or in writing
- Ability to develop and document simple, creative demonstrations of practical solutions to common statistics problems in various industries
- Experience using MATLAB or other mathematical or statistical software (SAS, Stata, R)
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to work interdepartmentally within a matrix organization
- Previous experience writing for a technical audience
To be considered for this opportunity, please include the following information as part of your online application (when asked for Additional Documents):
- Cover letter explaining why you want to be a Technical Writer at MathWorks and what you can bring to the position.
- Samples of original writing that showcase your ability to convey complex procedures and concepts to technical audiences (PDFs or URLs)
Examples of how you have used MATLAB and/or other mathematical and statistical software.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.