Come work with a team of talented engineers committed to building foundations for a suite of revolutionary software tools used in modeling, simulating, and deploying complex and multi-domain systems.
In this job, you will help with re-architecting our large scale C++ code base to provide solid foundation for the next generation of block diagram modeling tools used for modeling, simulation, and code generation of multi-domain systems.
You will have a particular focus on redesigning, enhancing, refactoring, modularizing some of our code in Simulink core area, and also create modular, reusable, software components to reduce code complexity, improve product quality and performance, and enable our large software development team to work effectively and efficiently.
You will have a particular focus on enhancing Simulink Graph and Connectivity Framework. This foundation will be leveraged by different teams in Simulink and Code generation teams. Graph framework and analysis lies at the heart of the Simulink and your work will have far reaching implications on quality, performance, and usability of our products.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong experience in C++ programming
- Knowledge of graph algorithms and object-oriented design is highly desirable
- Appreciation for engineering applications
- Experience with large-scale code bases, with a desire to dive in, understand existing code, improve, redesign and generalize existing functionalities
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality code
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and Simulink Coder or other block diagram modeling, simulation, code generation and testing tools are pluses
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.