Are you a technical editor with a deep appreciation for sound writing? A technical writer with a keen editorial eye? Candidates for this position will have the ability to bring out the best in highly technical topics and the writers who develop them.
- Perform developmental, language, and copy edits on a large volume of product documentation and related materials.
- Determine levels of edit to meet aggressive schedules and frequent release cycles.
- Edit whole products: HTML content, context-sensitive help, error messages, printed books, web pages, and other customer-visible deliverables.
- Mentor writers to improve clarity, conciseness, and consistency with a focus on user-goal, topic-based authoring.
- Collaborate with writers and on cross-functional teams to help evolve editorial standards and processes.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in/with technical editing
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Communications, or other related field
- 7 years of experience doing developmental and substantive language edits for technical material, preferably computer software products
- Strong editing skills with the ability to understand technical content, edit for organization and flow, and add value to the usability and quality of the documentation
- Ability to edit with an emphasis on improving online presentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an interest in helping writers to improve their writing skills
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.