Do you have a strong aptitude and desire to write about technical topics? Do you like to teach others how to use software tools to solve challenging engineering problems in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and communications? Are you experienced in software or systems engineering, and considering a career change? Come join a team at MathWorks that writes content to explain to engineers, scientists, and students how to use sophisticated software to model dynamic and embedded systems.
At MathWorks, Content Specialists interact directly with end users to learn about information requirements, as integral members of multidisciplinary product teams, help shape the design of cutting-edge software. We are looking for individuals with background and skills for communicating creative ways to use MathWorks products to solve challenging problems.
- Write user-focused content that explains how to use tools to design, model, and simulate engineering systems
- Develop examples and tutorials that show how to use software features that span multiple products
- Work with customers and customer facing groups to identify use cases, workflows, user tasks, and information needs
- Identify missing topics and fill gaps in existing information
- Participate in the software development process, review software requirements and functional designs, provide comments and suggest improvements
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Bachelors in engineering, science, mathematics, or other technical area
- Experience writing for a technical audience
- Ability to explain engineering or science concepts in writing
- Ability to develop and document simple, creative demonstrations of practical solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-function product teams and a multi-writer team
- Masters in technical domain
- Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, or modeling dynamic systems
- Knowledge of a programming language
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.