Based in the corporate headquarters in Natick, MA, you will manage a growing team of HR professionals across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. Currently offices are located in Japan, China, Korea, India, and Australia.
You will collaborate with corporate HR to facilitate regional and country specific delivery of HR services including Recruitment, Employee Relations, Organization Development, Training, Compensation, Benefits, HRIS, and Administration. Partnering with the business leaders in each country office, you will help coach management and support the achievement of business results. In addition, you will:
- Provide interpretation and guidance on HR policies and procedures.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with corporate HR to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Apply knowledge of current legal requirements to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work with local management and recruiting to ensure country hiring plans are met with quality staff
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to management and staff
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Identify training needs and support a learning culture
- Provide input and guidance on workforce planning and reorganizations
- Support company values and culture
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- B.S. Degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- 15+ years of generalist experience, including Business Partner/Organizational Development support role.
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Experience in Asia Pacific HR for a Multi-national company is essential; high tech industry including sales and service organizations preferred.
- Strong knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, training, and organization development
- Ability to work effectively with remote organizations and manage remote staff in multiple locations.
- Deep knowledge of legal and statutory requirements and/or strong network of contacts for applicable countries within Asia.
- Able to see the big picture and work on strategy while being hands on with the day to day function.
- Demonstrated ability to coach management teams and communicate effectively across cultures.
- Strong analytical, creative problem-solving, project management, and change management skills.
- Process and detail-oriented; passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Computer skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Japanese, Chinese, or Korean language skills a plus.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.