Do you love working with cameras and image processing?
Join our Image Acquisition team and build hardware connectivity features that help our customers build imaging applications such as 3-D point cloud processing, object detection and feature extraction. In this role, you will develop new features, improve existing functionality and maintain code that enable users to interface MATLAB with image acquisition devices. Build your technical leadership skills delivering on short-term features and identifying long-term strategies for the imaging area.
As a technical development lead for Image Acquisition Toolbox, you will:
- Apply technical expertise in all stages of software development including requirements gathering, functional and architectural design, coding, testing and documentation
- Identify, prioritize and propose technical direction for Image Acquisition Toolbox by working with key stakeholders including image processing and computer vision teams
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as quality engineering, user experience, documentation, advanced support and application engineering
- Mentor junior engineers in implementing feature enhancements and bug fixes
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Strong development experience programming in C/C++
- Demonstrated expertise in object oriented analysis, design, and multithreaded application development to interface with imaging hardware.
- Experience with machine vision or image acquisition technologies such as frame grabbers, CameraLink, DCAM, or GigE Vision
Nice to Have:
- Development experience with MATLAB and Java
- Unix or Mac development experience
- Experience working with test and measurement hardware such as oscilloscopes, signal analyzers, or data acquisition hardware
- Simulink experience
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.