This position is located at The MathWorks Corporate World Headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts. MathWorks provides relocation benefits to assist with moving to the Natick (Boston Metro-West) area.
Come and develop the next generation of core infrastructures to support data management in Simulink - MathWorks' highly successfully software for model-based design. Data management plays a critical role in validating, accessing and interpreting user-specified model data. You will join a group of highly talented and enthusiastic engineers to help invent, design, and implement new ways in which Simulink defines, stores and accesses data to significantly improve its capabilities and performance.
- Develop new modeling capabilityies to support model-based design of our customers.
- Design and implement new data structures and algorithms for Simulink to efficiently access, validate and interpret user-specified modeling data.
- Re-architect existing infrastructures to make it more robust and extensible for supporting new features.
- Drive all phases of software development from writing proposals and prototyping all the way to feature delivery.
- Expertise with C++
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise analyzing and improving architecture of core infrastructure by using advanced features of C++ like including STL, templates, and design patterns.
- Solid experience and knowledge of object oriented design.
- Experience developing performance critical applications.
- Experience working within large, complex code bases (ie. 1M+ lines of code).
- Demonstated experience deliverying features in complicated software systems and participating in all phases of development.
- Experience with meta-modeling and UML is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in/with algorithm development.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.