As a Salesforce Developer/Analyst, you will be part of a team at MathWorks responsible for delivering a world-class CRM solution. In your role, you will ensure that the overall Salesforce solution at MathWorks optimizes our investment in Salesforce, balancing business needs with technical complexity. Your role will span all aspects of the software development lifecycle and include working alongside our business, development and user experience teams in a highly collaborative environment where every individual’s input is valued.
- Understand and evaluate business requirements in the context of our overall system solutions, including systems outside of Salesforce (Eloqua, Oracle ERP, Custom Quoting and Licensing, mathworks.com, etc.)
- Perform gap analysis between business requirements and Salesforce functionality
- Develop overall solution design options and recommendations, considering pros and cons (i.e. object structure, development of formulas, integration points, needs for non-native functionality)
- Participate in design review meetings and at times lead the evaluation of technical requirements and options
- Write comprehensive design specifications (functional specifications, solution design document, technical design document)
- Coordinate and negotiate solutions in cross-functional scenarios with multiple parties and interests
- Configure, administer and develop within Salesforce using Visualforce, Apex, API, SOQL, and workflows.
- Help set technical standards and guidelines for Salesforce
- Participate in code reviews and provide appropriate feedback
- Stay abreast of the current and future Salesforce feature set relevant to our organization, in addition to general industry IT trends, and offer suggestions for team to adopt forward thinking features and technology
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Experience with Salesforce
- 5+ years professional experience including:
- 2+ years experience with web development
- 2+ years experience administering or development with Salesforce
- 2+ years experience with projects involving relational databases and data modelling
- Experience with Agile methodologies
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.