The MathWorks is looking for a smart, creative and energetic Senior Software Engineer with expertise in building massively scalable concurrent systems whose interest, curiosity and passion drives innovation and production quality to new levels. Successful candidates will work on a cohesive engineering team who share a passion for getting things done and delivering high quality, elegant and well-crafted software.
- Play a key role in designing, architecting, and developing MATLAB services, distributed systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate in a fast paced Agile environment with a highly cross-functional team.
- Design and implement software and infrastructure to support high-availability and high-scalability.
- Create requirements, design specifications, and participate in code reviews.
- Share ideas, ask questions and contribute to team growth through technical mentoring
- Experience with Java
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with web development
- Commercial software engineering experience
- Extensive use of Java programming language for server side development
- Excellent design skills, familiarity with UML
- Agile and test driven development (TDD)
- Network skills including: TCP/IP, HTTP, RMI, DNS with some knowledge of firewalls and security protocols e.g. VPN, SSL
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.