Be part of a team building a modern, standards based web UI platform for the MathWorks cutting edge software tools. We’re looking for a creative engineer who is passionate about producing user interfaces that run on the web. You’ll work on a forward thinking, cross-functional engineering team that likes to get things done and deliver well-crafted, high quality solutions. In this position, you will directly contribute to product vision, and will guide and influence collaborating teams. This group is responsible for core framework development that is central to the evolution of our products.
- Design and implement reusable web UI components
- A passion for quality and delivering well tested and testable solutions
- Collaborate in a fast paced Agile environment
- Prepare and present design specifications to colleagues
- Coordinating with other groups to make our vision a reality
- Evaluating product performance.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience, or a master's degree, or a PhD degree is required.
- Programming experience with HTML5
- Programming experience with CSS3
- Web application design experience
- Object Oriented Development experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent design skills, familiarity with Agile development practices and test driven development
- Experience with Web Components, WebWorkers, EcmaScript 6, WebSockets, Cometd
- Experience with package management systems (node, npm, Bower, Maven, etc.), Perforce, Git, Continuous Delivery
- Previous experience with MATLAB
- Prior experience with cloud based, scalable applications and Cloud APIs, such as Amazon EC2
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.