We are looking for a design-oriented, creative Senior Software Engineer with interest in designing and building server and client-side UI services and frameworks to join the MATLAB App Building team. You will be part of a team that is focused on building the infrastructure and services used by our app building tools.
Play a key role in designing, architecting and developing app building services and frameworks. You will develop modular and scalable software frameworks used not only by our app building tools but also leveraged by other groups within MathWorks.
- Engage in all aspects of software development processes.
- Create requirements and architecture specifications, conduct design reviews, and generate high quality software design solutions.
- Work and collaborate in a fast paced Agile environment with a highly cross-functional team.
- Work closely with other developers, quality engineers and UX specialists.
- Ensure a high level of quality and well-designed functionality in your work
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Excellent Object-Oriented and API design skills, with an appreciation for elegant designs
- Experience applying design patterns in your work
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with iterative development practices, test-driven development, and continuous integration
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.