Do you love data? Do you want to help create world class data wrangling and data cleaning workflows for customers? Do you love writing simple and clean MATLAB functions for importing, cleaning, and working with data? If so, then join the MATLAB toolbox team and help scientist and engineers analyze and work with their data more effectively. We are looking for self-motivated problem solvers to help lead development of MATLAB’s data wrangling and data cleaning features from early design through delivery. If you are passionate about data, then this is the opportunity for you!
Help design, develop and maintain the next generation of data wrangling and cleaning features in MATLAB
- Work on existing MATLAB data types like table, categorical, and datetime
- Work on improving the data cleaning features in MATLAB
- Work on existing MATLAB file import and export functions
- Develop requirements for features through customer interviews and usability tests
- Develop MATLAB function designs through prototypes and collaborative design reviews
- Develop appropriate architecture and implement the designs
- Participate in all team activities such as agile planning, design discussions and reviews
- Communicate designs, plans, and ideas throughout the organization
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Proficiency with a scientific computer language such as MATLAB, Python, or R
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with data wrangling and data analytics workflows
- Experience writing file import and export software for text, excel, or other data formats
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.