The primary responsibility of this position is to manage post-sales advanced technical support activities towards customers who are using MathWorks’ tools for application development and deployment. Application deployment is a growing use of the MathWorks products across the world in many industries, such as Biomedical and Finance, and applications, such as statistics and image processing. The MathWorks realizes that efficient enterprise integration within unique company structures is necessary for the most successful and greatest leveraging of our tools.
This position will be co-located alongside Development staff working closely with existing MathWorks customers to help deploy their enterprise-wide desktop applications. The person will also work in a team environment with Sales, Consulting, and Training organizations when it is best suited for the customer.
This position will lead advanced support activities for the software integration task relating to application deployment. This requires in depth knowledge of the multitude of Desktop/OS integration methods and willingness to learn the current enterprise practices.
The products you’d be most involved with can be found at the following link:
- Provide advanced technical post-sales support and guidance on issues that are:
- Escalated from the technical support group
- Related to the MathWorks major accounts
- Related to a strategic Account, Application, or Industry
- Requiring customer application knowledge and integration challenges the customer is facing, not only expertise on MathWorks product use
- Communicate and work together with MathWorks Development staff when inherent tool design knowledge is needed. This position will be able to facilitate source code modifications and troubleshoot issues involving core design aspects of the MathWorks tools.
- Provide the highest customer support level complimenting the existing and standard technical support. Will work very closely with, mentor, and sometimes train existing support specialists within the Engineering Development Group.
- Provide direct customer feedback to MathWorks development for future enhancements to the MATLAB Compiler, Builders, and future product possibilities.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
Knowledge of development tool chain for at least two of Windows, Linux or Mac OSX
Demonstrated ability to perform software application development tasks, computational analysis, and algorithmic design
Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must be interested in working with customers to understand their real engineering challenges and to help them understand how to apply our products to their problems
Knowledge of web-based applications
Knowledge of database environments including database management and protocols
Knowledge and experience of the MathWorks offerings towards application deployment
Knowledge of multiple language interoperability
Knowledge of parallel computing or multi-threading