Join our Engineering Development Group (EDG) where you will have the opportunity to develop your technical and leadership skills for a successful career at MathWorks.
The position consists of two central components – Application support and collaborative project work with other departments. Your specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to products and projects with other departments, such as Software Development, Technical Marketing, Customer Training, and Consulting etc. to strengthen your technical and professional skills, discover your professional interests, and help advance your career.
- Provide application support to MathWorks customers for highly complex technical issues in MATLAB, Simulink, and our entire suite of products.
- Specialize and develop technical skills in your domain and MathWorks product suite
- Develop and demonstrate leadership skills through opportunities to coach and mentor others, and initiate and lead process improvement projects
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Biomedical or other Engineering disciplines with a strong academic record
- Strong knowledge in one of the following domains: Control Theory, Embedded Systems, or Signal Processing.
- Strong knowledge of MATLAB. Experience with Simulink and other MathWorks products is a plus
- Strong programming skills in C++ or Java
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Experience with Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Finance is a plus
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.