MathWorks is looking for a smart, creative, and energetic Quality Engineer with expertise in internet-scale distributed systems whose interest, curiosity, and passion drives innovation and production quality to new levels. Successful candidates will work on an enthusiastic engineering team who share a passion for getting things done and delivering high quality and well-crafted code.
You will be engaged with:
- Cloud APIs
- Web Services
- High availability testing
- QE best practices
- Performance testing
- Agile processes
…and much more!
- Play a key role by:
- influencing requirements specifications
- ensuring testability of the application, engaging with developers in the design phase
- designing and developing high quality tests including functional, performance, reliability, security, fuzzy, destructive
- Collaborate in a fast paced Agile environment with a highly cross-functional team
- Contribute to designing, architecting, and developing MATLAB services and cloud infrastructure
- Review and triage bugs, working with quality, software engineers and management to categorized and prioritize
- Foster a continuous process improvement environment
- Perform bug analysis, code churn and other quality analysis
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- 3+ years of Commercial Software Quality Engineering experience, with extensive experience with Java development
- Automated testing experience
- Passionate about analyzing, isolating and solving problems.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment where you can multi-task, triage issues, and work independently.
Nice to have:
- Automated testing experience with distributed systems, web services and/or virtualization
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Maven, TeamCity, Continuous Delivery
- Experience with load, performance, and profiling tools (JMeter, YourKit, JProfiler)
- Experience with MATLAB
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.