As an Embedded Software Test Engineer at MathWorks you develop code to automate testing and create tools allowing engineers to test their code efficiently. The Embedded Software Test Engineer will be part of a development team that oversees product quality of The Embedded Coder product. This product generates readable, compact, and fast C and C++ code for use on embedded processors, on-target rapid prototyping boards, and microprocessors used in mass production. The candidate will work closely with other product team members to design proper test tools and techniques to ensure product quality.
For more information about the embedded code generation product, please refer to the following link:
- Research the latest testing technologies to innovate test strategies.
- Design test strategies and develop test infrastructure to efficiently test the functionality of the code generation product set.
- Execute test suites, investigate results, and report bugs using an in-house bug tracking system.
- Analyze generated code for performance, efficiency and latest coding standards compliance.
- Advise other members of the proper code generation testing techniques.
- Create new automated tests and optimize existing tests.
- Examine and improve source code coverage in the Code Generation product set.
- As an individual contributor in the development team, the candidate will work closely with the Simulink and Embedded Coder Development groups.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Programming experience in C and C++
- Experience with Modeling Simulation
- Experience with Embedded Systems
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming and Design.
- Knowledge in compiler technology.
- Programming experience in MATLAB.
- Experience with Simulink or Model Based Design software.
- Programming experience in a scripting language such as Perl or Python.
- Knowledge of industry standards, Software Development and Quality Engineering process.
- Industry experience in Aerospace, Automotive, DSP, Control Systems or similar domains
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.