The Corporate Development Manager will be focused on helping to identify and prioritize strategic opportunities for the company aimed at entering new markets or enhancing technological leadership. This person will also be tasked with evaluating identified acquisition opportunities, or other strategic transactions. This person will work closely with senior management and representatives from various business areas to identify, execute, negotiate, close and integrate or manage completed transactions. An important element of this role is to create links between working groups in development, technical marketing, and finance departments, as required by particular projects. This person will also be responsible for developing processes, tools, and best practices to support the technical Corporate Development function.
Opportunity Assessment and Development
- Support development of initial business case and technical assessment.
- Develop financial models and produce various scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- Guide working group in analyzing optimal method of delivering technology and software products (build, acquire or license).
- Present complex opportunities to senior management and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner with strategic rationale.
Negotiation and Execution
- Successfully plan and execute all stages of the process leading to deal closure, including diligence, issue identification, risk allocation, valuation, negotiation and document preparation.
- Manage cross functional teams to assess opportunities, complete diligence and arrive at recommendable conclusions.
- Lead or support negotiations of LOI, support legal counsel in the development of definitive agreements and accompanying documents.
Ensuring Transaction Effectiveness
- Lead assessment and recommendation of potential integration or transaction management strategies.
- Lead and/or coordinate integration team efforts to ensure relevant business area managers are prepared to implement integration strategy.
- A Bachelor's degree plus 7+ years professional experience in technology mergers and acquisitions in a corporate development role
- A completed MBA
- Industry experience in corporate development for an investment bank, venture capital, private equity, or technology licensing
- A technical degree or experience in a technology company
- Strong process-orientation, exceptional organizational skills, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
This position is based in Natick MA and will require travel about 10% of the time.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.