This position will manage a global Learning and Development function within Human Resources, which is responsible for providing professional, leadership, and management development programs and resources in support of our core value of learning and self-improvement.
- Draw on internal and external resources to ensure the design and delivery of high quality programs, materials, and other learning and development resources and activities. These may include e-learning, self-paced, ILT and other facilitated learning activities.
- Serve in a consultative role with HR Business Partners and business area leaders to diagnose needs and provide solutions to increase organizational and team effectiveness.
- Proactively use technology, industry best practices, external networking, and alternative learning methods to continue to evolve learning and development activities
- Manage training operations including planning, budgeting, communications, and administration.
- Evolve training assessment and evaluation methods to measure individual success and program effectiveness, and to continuously improve resources
- Support change management, process improvement, and organizational development needs on a variety of projects.
- Develop and execute a leadership development strategy and roadmap
- Effectively manage a team of learning and development professionals.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- 15 years of work experience within an HR organization, with a minimum of 5 years direct management experience. Preferably in an international, multi-location, high-tech company
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including influencing and relationship-building across functions
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Process and detail-oriented; passionate about quality and continuous improvement; strong project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Able to see the big picture and work on strategy while being hands on with the day to day function
- Comfortable facilitating meetings and creating and delivering training and presentations to a variety of audiences. On-line and distance delivery experience using collaboration tools such as WebEx or Lync is a plus.
- Knowledge and abilities in the principles and practices of organizational development, change management, and process improvement methodologies
- Computer skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Experience using e-learning, content development, and LMS tools
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.