Join the MathWorks MATLAB Language team in developing cutting-edge just-in-time compilation techniques for a dynamic language. We are innovating across the entire spectrum of compiler technology, from program analysis and transformation to code generation. The compiler and runtime environment for MATLAB is being developed by an elite team of talented programming language and compiler experts. The technology our group develops is critical to the continued success of MATLAB and over a million MATLAB users will benefit from your work.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled compiler engineer with strong software engineering skills to develop the next generation MATLAB code execution engine. As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of significant parts of the compilation and execution pipeline at the core of MATLAB. You will apply your compiler expertise to addressing open problems in Intermediate Representation Design, Performance Optimization and Code Generation on multiple platforms for dynamically typed introspective languages. As a member of a team of compilation and language design specialists, you will contribute to the evolution of the MATLAB Language, both in terms of language features and language performance. This position requires a strong commitment to performance, leadership and collaboration.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of programming languages and environments, program analysis, compiler technology and related tools (e.g., performance analysis and benchmarking).
- Experience in designing and implementing various phases of a compiler pipeline - especially with front and back-end optimizations, internal representations, and code generation.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong software design and algorithm development skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in contributing to production compiler codebases (commercial/open-source) is a strong plus.
- Experience with multi-threading and Object Oriented Design, particularly in C++ are nice to have.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.