We are looking for that rare combination of machine learning expertise and software engineering skills. If you have that combination and want to put your talents to good use, come join the development team for the Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox. We need you to help us expand the machine learning capabilities in MATLAB. As a key member of the development team, you will lead projects from early design stages and play a critical role in driving them to delivery.
About the team:
The Statistics team is a talented group of software engineers, quality engineers, user experience specialists, and technical writers all working in close collaboration. We deliver solutions that will be used throughout the world by our diverse users, ranging from students to professionals in large enterprise organizations.
- Designing and developing machine learning and statistics functions written in MATLAB or C++
- Driving multiple projects from research, requirements gathering, creating and managing project plans, designing, and delivering the product
- Collaborating with the team to refine business ideas and define requirements for projects
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience writing software that is used by others
- Expertise in multiple machine learning and statistics areas such as Bayes methods and "big data" algorithms
- Experience with technical computing languages such as MATLAB or R
- Knowledge of C++, Python, or Java
- Experience with object-oriented design and implementation
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.