The Desktop Support Technician will perform all aspects of support related to the daily computing needs of MathWorks staff. He/she will provide support via phone, e-mail and Intranet as well as perform problem determination at the user's workstation.
- Diagnose and resolve computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner.
- Accurately record such requests into the help system.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, peripherals, network equipment.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot software packages, including operating systems, desktop software and custom applications.
- Provide first level support for networking and application issues; escalate complex problems to the appropriate groups or staff.
- Develop procedures, proposals, plans, and guidelines for various areas of operations within the group; initiate their implementation.
- Record, track and maintain equipment inventory.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- 2-3 years experience with Information Technology, including 2 years support experience with networked PC equipment.
- Working knowledge of desktop Operating Systems and desktop software including Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of networking topology and protocols.
- Customer focus and dedication to customer satisfaction.
- UNIX / Linux / Mac Knowledge a plus.
At MathWorks, we express who we are as an organization through our guiding principle, our mission, and our core values. Developed over time, each represents a philosophy or goal that is intrinsically important to the organization.
Our guiding principle is "Do the Right Thing." This means doing what is best for our staff members, customers, business partners, and communities for the long term, and believing that "right" answers exist. It also means measuring our success, not merely in financial terms, but by how consistently we act according to this principle. Our mission and core values express what "doing the right thing" means in our day-to-day work.
Our mission articulates our goals as a company and how we go about achieving them. Our core values set out the principles that define who we are and how we work together. We invite you to explore these two different ways of understanding MathWorks.